Thursday, May 17, 2007

Alonso said "I don't get you"

well my Alonso is someone in my workplace. I just couldnt believe that I will get 1 Alonso after another. let alone those previous Alonso(hehe.. I'll cover it next time.. this thing cannot be too rush one ba...), I must hightlight my current Alonso, which I think is probably the worst.
My Alonso is my colleague. Due to some arrangement in the recruitment process, he is based in Northern region (I'm in KL). We are working on the same project, so our daily communications (I really hope i dun need to talk with him *daily*) is done through YM.

Few days back, I tried to asked him something via YM. I have a list of Product A,B,C,D in page. I want to view product details of Product B. How do I do that using JSF? It's a very simple question in programming world(ah.. ok ok..i'm dumb la.. still hvnt figure out how to do it). Guess what his answer? "I dont get you" .. HUH!!???!!! he couldn't get me!
I tried to explain to him, STEP BY STEP. Ok, I go in to page A, see products A B C D. then each product has Name, and Description. Name there got URL link, I click at the link, the page will show me the product details of the one that I clicked. So for me to get the product details, I have to pass in the product ID to the backend codes to get the SQL. But how to I pass in the ID? Guess what is his reply? "I dont get you"..then..."Oh..that depends on how you want to view your product details, can be in DIV, can be in another .jsp page, can be in frame"... wah biang!! of course I know all those. What I want is just "how do I pass in the ID" and how do the backend code gets the ID. sigh... ok.. maybe you will say "why dont talk to him via phone". I did. We couldnt communicate via YM, so we talked in phone. And those are the replies I got.

Alonso is a very good programmer, really good technically. He's the team leader of the project that I'm working on, but too bad he is a bad project manager(luckily he's not). A face-to-face communication can always bring me some results(still need to do lengthy explaination before he get it la..), but definitely not via YM or phone.
The worst part is, this is just the beginning of the project...

No comments: